OpenVPX systems operating Serial RapidIO Gen 2 or 10Gigabit Ethernet data plane architectures can process data and graphic information faster than ever with the HDS6502 (High Density Server) module.
HDS6502 is a potent integration of Mercury packaging/cooling technology, implementation of Mercury firmware and the latest Intel processors. Collectively, this leverage of Mercury and Intel solutions produces a singularly robust and powerful commercial processing engine.
Mercuryâ€™s POET (Protocol Offload Engine Technology) firmware implemented data plane bridge, dual 2.4GHz 4th Generation Quad-core Intel i7-4700EQ processors with native AVX2 (Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0), on-die GT2 GPUs, and Gen 3 PCIe interfaces is supported with 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM of system memory to produce a unique combination of processing power, speed and future upgradability.
POET itself underscores a unique feature of this I/O intense module, its ability to upgrade itself or even change data plane fabric completely without affecting any hardware. This data/graphics processing engine is an excellent upgrade option for existing subsystems and a versatile building block for novel high-performance subsystems.
Low I/O latency and reduced module power consumption is gained from the single-die cache coherent memory architecture between the CPU and GPU resources. This is a required characteristic of multidimensional computing applications requiring high throughput, determinism and low-latency, such as SIGINT, IMINT, RADAR, EO/IR and large data/graphics rendering with seamless display integration.
The Intel Core i7-4700EQ with AVX2 support and an on-die GT2 GPU enables high volume graphic rendering and simultaneous data manipulation of real-time vector-based information which is characteristic of signal and image processing-intensive applications. OpenCL support promotes a heterogeneous ecosystem which, packaged within a rugged module is an ideal cornerstone for embedded system upgrades and new computing-intensive applications alike.
For detailed specifications and general product information, visit www.mrcy.com/HDS6502 or contact Mercury at (866) 627-6951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovation That Matters, Echotek, EchoCore, POETâ„¢, Air Flow-Byâ„¢, Race++Â® Ensemble and MultiCore Plus are registered trademarks, and StreamDirect, Application Ready Subsystem and ARS are trademarks of Mercury Systems, Inc. Other products mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Mercury Systems, Inc. believes this information is accurate as of its publication date and is not responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Copyright Â© 2013 Mercury Systems, Inc.
- Module: Rugged, 6U, single-pitch, OpenVPX data/graphics processing module with built-in Gen 2 Serial RapidIO or 10Gigabit Ethernet fabric compatibility. Support for InfiniBandâ„¢ and 40 Gigabit Ethernet-based modules will follow
- Processors: Dual 2.4GHz 4th Generation Intel i7 Quad-core mobile (Haswell mobile) CPUs (i7-4700EQ)
- On-die GT2 GPU, coherent 128MB cache (DRAM), AVX2, PCIe Gen 3, OpenCL
- System 8MB DDR-1600MHz per processor (16GB total)
- Local SATA NAND flash memory: 8GB
- BIOS 16MB (per CPU) NAND flash memory
- Host adaptor:
- FPGA: Altera Stratix 5SGXA7
- POET implemented Gen 2 Serial RapidIO and 10Gigabit Ethernet. Future POET upgrades to Infiniband and 40Gigabit Ethernet
- I/O: Serial RapidIO Gen 2, Gigabit Ethernet, SATA, USB 3.0, PCIe Gen3 and multiple graphic ports
For detailed specifications and general product information, visit www.mrcy.com/HDS6502 or contact Mercury at (866) 627-6951 or email@example.com. [...] (+)